Mastering Lumion 3D by Ciro Cardoso is the name of PackT’s new book that is designed for all levels of Lumion users, from beginners to advanced users. You will find useful insights and professional techniques to improve and develop your skills in order to fully control and master Lumion. However, this book doesn’t cover the process of transforming 2D information (CAD plan) into a 3D model.
What you need for this book
Lumion Version 4 is used for all the examples in this book, but you can follow the explanations using the free version or a previous Lumion version. Although Adobe Photoshop is used in some examples, you can use GIMP as an alternative.
This book consists of ten chapters:
1. Getting Ready for Lumion 3D
A quick overview of how Lumion works, how to control the camera, the 3D models, and how to save a project. After that, you checked out some important concepts to help in modeling, keeping visualization in mind. Then, you explored why materials are so important and how they contribute to a smooth workflow. You also saw how to export the 3D model.
2. Creating a Project in Lumion
The main goal of this chapter is to help you start the process of preparing a scene and import the 3D model which you prepared in Chapter 1.
3. Importing 3D Models
The main topics mentioned in this chapter give you a reasonable overview of what is involved in importing 3D models.
4. Applying and Creating Materials
In this chapter, you will learn, the following topics:
- Available materials in Lumion
- Adding materials
- Special materials
- Importing materials
- Tweaking imported materials
- The Glass special features
- Creating materials in Lumion
- Using the Standard material
- Applying and Creating Materials
- Creating bump maps
- Working with materials
- Organizing materials
- Saving materials
- Copying and pasting materials
- How to solve flickerin
5. Creating Your 3D World
This chapter is the intermediate point of your project because you will cover everything you need to know to fully master Lumion’s models.
6. Lighting in Lumion
The main goal of this chapter is to introduce you to the Weather menu, which is the primary way to light the scene, and to the Lumion optimized lights, such as spotlights and omni and fill lights.
7. Creating Realistic Visualizations
In this chapter, you will cover the following topics:
- Special effects—fire, smoke, and fog
- Applying and controlling the special effects
- The differences between the Photo and Movie modes
- Using the Sun Study for accurate lighting
- Tweaking shadows
- Creating realistic reflections
- Improving realism with camera effects
- Rendering still images
8. Non-photorealistic Visualizations with Lumio
You will explore what NPR is and why to use it. Then, you are back to the Photo mode to explore the effects that can be used to create such visualizations.
9. Animation Techniques
This chapter demonstrate one of the best features of Lumion, Animation. In this chapter you will learn
Lumion animation—a quick overview
- Planning your movie
- Working with cameras
- Creating a camera path
- Composition and how to use it
- Editing clips
- Changing the length of clips
- Camera-filming techniques
- Deleting and controlling multiple clips
- Animating effects and layers
- Using layers to control objects
10. Creating Walk-through Visualizations
The final chapter of this book covers following topics:
- Lumion’s video effects—a quick overview
- The Entire Movie mode
- The Sound and Stereoscopic effects
- Copying effects from the Photo mode
- Editing the project in the Movie mode
- Animating the focus
- Adding Motion Blur
- Handling a camera
- The Rain and Snow effects
- Playing safe with the Broadcast Safe effect
- Importing a movie and an image
- Exporting an entire movie or sections of the movie
- Using render passes
This is a practical guide featuring time-saving techniques along with established production tips for efficiency and swiftness in producing professional architectural visualizations in Lumion.
If you want to become master on Lumion, so don’t miss this book, order it from PackT.