I was crazy busy in this weekend 🙂 . After reading a good book about WebGL, I watched a video course about OpenGL ES, I mean Building Android Games with OpenGL ES. If you are looking for a course that will show you how to build Android games using OpenGL ES and Java, so don’t miss it. Even if you are C++ programmer like me, don’t worry you can learn techniques and port it to your C++ codes.
As prerequisite, the reader has at least the basic knowledge of object-oriented programming in Java. This book consists of 8 chapters:
- Chapter one, Getting Started with OpenGL ES, is about 14:53 minutes and it will show you how to set up OpenGL ES in Eclipse and how to create and compile your first shader.
- Chapter two, OpenGL ES Math, is about 16:23 minutes which shows basic math for getting starting openGL ES programming.
- Chapter three, Lighting , is all about lighting techniques. It will cover type of lights such as directional, spot, point, ambient lighting, diffuse and specular lighting.
- Chapter four, Texturing , covers all sections you need for texturing your scene in OpenGL ES.
- Chapter five, Particle Systems, shows how to draw and customize particle systems.
- Chapter six, Assets and UI, presents how to interact with menu, game interface and sounds. Also In this chapter you can create a simple game named “Ball and Paddle“.
- Chapter seven, Gameplay, help you to implement the game play of your game, such as ball movement, scoring, collision and etc.
- Chapter eight, Finishing Touches, presents how to optimize and publish your game.