While I am working on Windows 8.1 and DirectX 11.2, I think this is a good idea to start a blog about it. It seems that Microsoft unveiled its latest version of DirectX only on XBox One and Windows 8.1.
New or updated features has been added in Windows 8.1 Preview such as
- HLSL shader linking
- Inbox HLSL compiler
- GPU overlay support
- DirectX tiled resources
- Direct3D low-latency presentation API
- DXGI Trim API and map default buffer
- Frame buffer scaling
- Multithreading with SurfaceImageSource
- Interactive Microsoft DirectX composition of XAML visual elements
- Direct2D batching with SurfaceImageSource
We will introduce with them in this blog.